Sunday, July 7, 2013

How to remove username from menu bar in OSX

Hi. Today I want to share one of the first modification I made on my mac when I upgraded to Lion. That modification was to remove username from the menu bar. If you have a long name and surname like me you would also find it quite annoying. In some applications like excel there is barely enough space on menu bar with all other icons. So luckily it is quite easy to remove it but it is equally easy to forget. (I did it twice and I needed to search the web for some time to find how to do it)

There are two ways to do it

EASY WAY
Push and hold command button and drag and drop your username from menu bar






NOT EASIER BUT STILL EASY WAY
Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options

There will be a radio button
Show fast user switching menu as Full Name / Short Name / Icon

Unselect it if you don't want to have it or change it to short name or icon.


You can get it back if you want by selecting that option later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to include webp to PDF

 Trying to include webp to PDF